Did you know that training your pelvic floor can improve many aspects of your life including improved daily funtion, improved exercise tolerance, and even improved sports performance?
What is pelvic floor dysfunction?
The pelvic floor is made up of the muscles and other tissues that form a sling from the pubic bone to the tailbone which assist in maintaining upright posture and supporting the abdmonial/pelvic organs. The pelvic floor also helps control the bladder, bowel, and sexual activity. Pelvic floor dysfunction refers to a wide range of problems that occur when the muscles of the pelvic floor are not functioning properly.
A patient with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction may experience any number of the following symptoms:
• Frequent urination or waking at night to urinate
• Urgency to urinate or a sense you can’t make it to the bathroom in time
• Urinary leaking
• Pain with gynecological exams or intimacy
• Pressure or bulging sensations in the vagina or a feeling that body tissue is falling out • Body pains during or after pregnancy
• Painful scars from cesarean-section or episiotomy/tearing during childbirth
• Abdominal weakness after childbirth/cesarean-section
• Low back or pelvic or hip pain.
• Poor posture.
• Feeling weak through the midsection.
How Can a Physical Therapist Help?
Physical therapy is a very effective way to manage symptoms and improve functional capacity. We offer free screenings and would be happy to assess your unique body and symptoms!
We also offer highly specialized manual therapy and sports medicine.
Call today to schedule: 757-961-5888
Rise Pacific Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine
501 Marin St. #205
Thousand Oaks, CA
Phone: +1 818-318-2430
Fax: +1 877-287-1195
We provide the highest quality physical therapy. Contact us for more information.